Saturday
Got up eeearly (I NEVER sleep well before these things!) for my flight. Kinda kinda cut it close cuz I didn't account for shuttle-ness. On the drive down, I realized I'd brought my laptop cord but not my laptop, AND I forgot my Kindle. I have the app on my phone, but--annoying!My go-to parking had its gate closed, so I panicked and ended up at the ghetto Park Shuttle & Fly that we used to go to. They don't have many shuttles running; they packed the van FULL, and it was so hot in there and the smell of the gross college guys in front of me was... so gross! (hello claustrophobia!). Also, it was raining. I was basically panicking the whole ride that I'd miss my flight while horrible B-52 music played on the radio.
Thank GOD I have pre-check, cuz the regular security line was sooo long. I was also turned around because they moved all Alaska flights recently to terminal 2. I made it to my gate with enough time to grab coffee.
My seatmate had just come off a weekend away from her three kids. Hehe. She lives in the Mry area and does hair and makeup, which is what she was doing during her wknd away. We talked about kids.
Mom picked me up and we headed back to Gosby for breakfast. I checked in to the Steinbeck room. The sun was actually out despite rain forecasted most of the weekend. I enjoyed the view of Lighthouse Ave. from my window. I knew I'd sleep better with ear plugs because of street noise, so I just put them in when I went to bed instead of waiting to be woken up and then put them in.
Justin & Christy arrived. We went to Juice & Java for mom and I to get coffee, which I shouldn't have done, because we went to Alvarado Brewing for lunch right after. We shared a bunch of appetizers/small plates. Justin napped in Mom's room while the rest of us explored Bookworks. I ended up buying I'll Be Gone in the Dark.
J&C went to their hotel. I read in my room by the windows. That book!! It was so gripping; it kept me up late cuz I couldn't put it down and also cuz of the whole serial killer thing.
??? What'd I do for a few hours? Hang out in mom's room? I'm sure I grabbed a couple appies and a little wine in the lobby.
Went to dinner at Il Vecchio with Steven, Mom, J&C. Polenta was alright, but wish I'd gotten pasta. So full all day! And for most of the trip. Christy had made a chocolate sourdough cake with Bailey's frosting, which we ate in the Gosby's front room. Good times. Can't remember if I hung out in Mom's room that first night. Def stayed up late reading. Thought I would be more tired, having woken up so early that day!
Sunday
Breakfast at Crema with everyone. Mmmmm. I veered from my usual and got biscuits and gravy, which I had the first time I ever went there. This place is always so good. And the coffee is good and strong. Got a crack cookie in the downstairs shop on the way out to share with Jen.??? What'd I do til it was time to go? Packed up since I had to be out into another room. Mom drove us around looking at places that were For Sale. Picked up Steven, who drove mom's rental car to Gilroy where I met Jen at the outlets so we could drive together to the winery, Fernwood Cellars. It sprinkled that day. We had a picnic with leftovers she brought from a baby shower and a couple things I cobbled together. The wine was decent, but I didn't rush to buy any bottles. The time went fast, and we made a quick stop to drop something off at her brother's.
Drove back south in time for an open house at the Hart Mansion next to the Gosby. What a gorgeous (but a little funky, with two kitchens) house! It's just soooo fun to dream about what we could do with that house, together as a fam. Second and third floors have quite the ocean view. And those stained glass windows and spiral staircase. Sigh.
Not sure what I did after that. Probably took advantage of happy hour and read by the fire in main room?
Dinner at Michael's with Mom and Steven. I had the loaded quesadilla that has mushrooms and I added chicken. Delicious. Too many potatoes.
Hung out in Mom's room til bedtime, then stayed up too late reading and not watching Golden Girls. Glad I wore earplugs but was woken by a loud thump in the morning. Every day, I still woke up between 6/6:30 despite going to bed late.
Monday
Breakfast at the Gosby.Drove around the coast (photo op by the beach!) looking at more real estate and saw part of a house getting demo'd by a big ol' excavator type tractor. Stopped by the Rent All. Giant scissors. Luke Perry died.
Mom and I strolled and shopped downtown PG. Walked to lunch at Lover's Point Grill with the uncles and Terry.
Mom went back to the Gosby I think or met with property mgmt, and I went back and did some antiquing.
Hung out in Mom's room after grabbing some happy hour stuff. Ran back to one shop and bought bookends I'd been considering.
Dinner at Peppers with Mom and Steven, then Mom & I watched the Bachelor (barf!)/Walking Dead while I tried rather unsuccessfully to read.

















No comments:
Post a Comment