Friday
- Left around 1pm; the kids fought and whined the whole time (Ryan fell asleep about 30 min before we got there). I felt nauseous from coffee and reading in the car on the windy road.
- C had to drive into town for the keys.
- Explored the house, got settled.
- Library quickly before closing.
- Quickly walked the fair going on downtown, which we later found out was a Steampunk fair.... We saw various people decked out with their big goggles and top hats.
- Middle Ridge winery while Cliff had the kids run around the grassy area downtown. The wine there is... eh. I did like one of them, but I didn't want to spend $48 on a bottle, which I'd been hoping to buy for the house. Took a pic with the "major" dog Max on the way to meet Cliff and kids for din.
- Plant Food Supper Club for dinner; Lance from Cliff's work was in town so we met them for din; didn't realize his friends were there too. I should stick with the enchiladas like I had last time; pizza was pretty bad (weeeeird crust and obvs no cheese).
- El Buen Cacao w/ Ada for a little dessert. Sophia wasn't there.
- Back home after kids were in bed, I tried hot tub but at 95 degrees, it was too cold.
Saturday
- Hot tub w Ada
- Yoga on deck
- Bake and Brew
- Buen Cacao for Mexican mocha
- Home, waited for Tawny but she never showed. I ended up reading the whole guest book which was mildly entertaining, and reading in the hammock outside in the shade. Delightful!
- Idyllwild Brewpub- Cliff dragged me back here. The kids were being obnoxious. My beer this time wasn't too bad, or maybe I finally adjusted my expectations. Bad late 90s music, ugh! Fish n chips was pretty good
- Buen Cacao for truffles, Sophia was there. Ada was being shy.
- Back home, I read in the hammock for awhile.
- We all went in the hot tub.
- Ferro for dinner. Very good; would def come back. Kids got ice cream afterward.
- Finished my book (Sharp Objects). Creeeepy....
Sunday
- Bake and Brew for breakfast. Ran into Autumn from BSF. That place needs more workers! Or at least to fire the one they have in front. She messed up our order every time and was just clueless and slow.
- Hot tub.
- Packed up and drove home. BOTH kids naps most of the time! even though it was only 11am.
Overall: our place was cute and funky, but a bit dusty. The kids enjoyed "playing" the games they had there. Kitchen had been remodeled (suuuper cute/subway tiles), and I loved the cement tile in the hall/baths. And dreamy clawfoot tub! The biggest disappointment for me was the backyard. It just wasn't something the kids could run around in, mostly due to the overgrown poky weeds everywhere. I wanted to play horseshoes, but we couldn't. Umbrella was missing. Cliff got a bad cut on his forehead walking down the stairs to the hot tub--the eave of the house is right in your face if you're tall. It's a hazard! If it'd been his eye...??? The view from the deck and hot tub though... Incredible! Even with many of the trees damaged from the fire. If we go back there, remember to book directly through New Spirit, because it's cheaper!
I was so tired the whole weekend; neighbors woke us up at 5:30 Thursday morning, then I was out late that night and still woke up early. Woke up early the next day too. Ugh.
























No comments:
Post a Comment