Thursday
- Google maps took us up and around through Hemet instead of normal way
- Left home around 1 since both kids were home sick. Drive was fine and kids food pretty good esp considering cliff was on a work call for part of it. No traffic!
- Air bnb house really cute
- Library
- Ferro
- Home. Couldn't find Olympics on TV; kids choose to sleep in the open loft so we had to clear out and go downstairs to our room early. Our TV didn't work so I tried to read on my office since Ada borrowed my Kindle cuz she forgot hers.
Friday
- Got Amelia donuts and brought back to the house. Really good. Owner quasi shamed me/tourists in general for snow play 'on the side of the road' but I didn't mean it literally🤦♀️
- They kids played outside, I ordered real breakfast from Mile High. Decent huevos rancheros. [edit: Cliff thinks we got brekky from Mama's Egg House at some point--chilaquiles I think. Maybe I confused them.]
- Showered then headed out for snow play. We found out usual spot but had to park outside the gate and walk to it; it wasn't too far so the kids handled it with a few complaints. They had a blast with foam sled. Such nice fresh powdery snow there!
- Lunch at Mile High. Really really good bibimbap! In a hot stone bowl. Kiss orange chicken was good too. I think the owners are Korean.
- Coffee directly next door at Alpaca. Delicious Nutella latte. The worker told me two years ago the owners opened the shop, had a baby, and sold their house all in the same year. Daang.
- Parked downtown and walked to the koi pond at Silver Pines Lodge.
- Bought some stuff from a roadside stand selling macrame plant holders; the kids got fugly ceramic mushrooms plus crystal garden stakes. At least it was supporting the people that actually make them (the guy and his mom).
- Really quick stop at outdoor thrift shop once always wanted to stop at
- Home
- Cliff picked up Ferro pizza for dinner
- Watched Test Kitchen and the rest of the gang played Monopoly (the kids really liked it. Maybe just the getting money part... Might have to acquire this game)
Saturday
No comments:
Post a Comment