Thursday, August 20, 2020

Idyllwild July 2020

Monday

Left around 9:30. Stopped at Target in Menifee to do a pickup for a mosquito coil. Pretty good drive; kids didn't complain too much, but we did have a slowdown because of roadwork.
Ate lunch outside Idy Sushi.
kids to the playground which we were surprised was open. I had to go potty really bad; got to check in an hour early to our place.
Love our place! Small but not too small. The location is awesome. Hung out there for awhile; kids played in the yard
Walked to El Buen Cacao. Saw Sophia but obviously didn't really hang out because of covid. I think they didn't really recognize us with our masks but the guy did say 'You've been here before, right?' I feel silly for assuming they would remember us out of hundreds of customers coming through.
Back at house, hung out on porch till dinner. Kids watched a show then Ada had a huge meltdown about not watching another.
Ferro: got the cacio e pepe but I didn't like the pepper they used and it was too rich. Everything else was delicious though.
Put kids to bed and did hot tub together w beer and wine. Softub--interesting! Kids stayed up way too late talking even though we put them to bed early.
They didn't fall asleep till 8:30 or 8:45.

Tuesday

The kids woke up at 5😳 I had ear plugs in and slept till 5:30 when Cliff gave the kids a talking to.
Ordered takeout breakfast from Red Kettle. It was fine. Not as bad as I expected; would return.
Cliff lit the duraflame and the kids played outside while I read.
Left for a hike around Lake Fulmor after getting coffee at Higher Grounds. Of course the bugs were annoying. Crossed a huge log that had knocked down the bridge to get to the other side. Then Indian lookout.
Takeout lunch from Mile High Cafe. Bibimbap was really good! Def would return for breakfast or lunch.
Kids played in back; Cliff went for run
Kids played in hot tub while we read on porch.
I went to Buen Cacao for coffee/truffles
Hung out on porch some more, then went to koi pond at the lodge; did some watercolor painting and the kids got to feed the fish again.
Dinner at Ferro again. Lasagna was pretty good; just a bit gummy. Cliff's pizza was soo good--sausage and fennel and scallion.
Hammock time at home, then earlyish bedtime for kiddos.
I watched Jeopardy from the hot tub with wine. Then Cliff sat out with me till TV time--Chopped. That always seems to be our vacay go-to!

Wednesday

Thought the kids would maybe sleep in, but no. 5:30 meltdown from Ryan that lasted foreverrrrr. I was basically over it and wanted to leave after breakfast takeout from Mile High? Ryan got carsick on the way back. Boooo!!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Indio, March 2026

Sunday 3/30 Left around 7:30 Got to tram around 9:30. The wait was one hour, so Cliff got tix for us and the Andrades while we waited in the...