Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Leaving the Pacific Northwest

Ada got her first bath of the trip, as she somehow managed to pee a ton overnight and soak through her jammies. We cleaned up and packed the house in a flurry, then left for the ferry. Cliff got us coffee at a stand while we waited in line. I LOVE that these huts are at every corner and have better quality coffee than, say, Starbucks. Oh how I wish California would take notes! Anyway, my mom's coffee wasn't right, so we stopped at another one just on the other side of the ferry ride. :)

Our home for the weekend



Coffee hut!!

In Seattle, we stopped at Scratch (Ian's deli!) while Cliff drove around with Ada taking a very short half-hour nap. The sandwiches were delicious! I hope we can return soon.





Because of Ada's short nap, the flight was AWFUL. She was exhausted, and no amount of toys or food could stop her from whining the ENTIRE time. Sometimes she was super loud and squirmy, and it was so embarrassing. I guess it helped me be glad to be home, despite temperatures a good 20 above what we'd been experiencing in the Pacific Northwest. Ugh! (As I write this a week later, we're having the first decent rain in months and a break from the 90-degree heat--so yay!)

Bye-bye :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indio, March 2026

Sunday 3/30 Left around 7:30 Got to tram around 9:30. The wait was one hour, so Cliff got tix for us and the Andrades while we waited in the...